On Sat, 27 May 2000, Oskar Gudlaugsson wrote:

> I made a quite comprehensive attempt on reforming English-spelling by
> myself, BTW. Very conservative, moderate approach; won't produce anything
> like "Dhu Yoonaitd Steits uv Ammeruca". I find reforms of English to be
> quite relevant to the issue of global communications, so if anyone wants to
> discuss it, please do :)

<WARNING!  Humor follows!  Put away the flamethrower, you there!>

Rather than reforming the spelling, and thus making a gazillion of
books obsolete, not to speak of the auxlang archives, I propose to
reform the pronunciation. The Britusaustralanders just need to choose
ONE pronunciation for every letter and they are done with the spelling
problem.

Ukkalukka
  Pierpaolo

--
Shteletiston oni batas, shtelegiston oni shatas.