>From: Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
>"Anthony M. Miles" wrote:
> >                  Singular    Dual            Plural
>[snip]
> > Accusative       -hen        -m<syl>         -men
>
>Strange, no distinction between dual and plural in the nominative, but
>distinguishing for all other cases?  And using the same ending for dual
>nominative and dual accusative?  Pretty unusual.  One might expect
>analogy to cause dual accusative to become -men, perhaps, to make nom.
>and acc. distinct in that number.
True. I'm still working on the system (a new post is forthcoming). The dual
accusative should be PGw -men> Gw-men.

> > 1. [pw] is a prohibited sequence.
>
>So, if a stem ends in -p, and a suffix beginning with -w- is added, what
>happens?
More generally, a labial or dental voiceless stop plus labiovelar glide is a
prohibited sequence (because I don't like the sounds [pw] or [tw]). The
voiceless stop becomes voiced (w-metathesis is a Lahabic innovation).