>From: Steg Belsky <[log in to unmask]>

>On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:46:56 CDT Danny Wier <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > This is only true for Win 98/2000.  Win 95 and earlier users will
> > only get a
> > dummy block, sorry.
> >
> > DaW.
>-
>
>For some reason, <Z> <z> and <s> with caron came through okay, but the
>capital just showed up as a blank space...

Hmm, I probably gave you the wrong number... let's try again:
Capital is Alt+0142, lowercase is Alt+0158.  If you still have problems, it
might be the font you're using.  (Using Softy I found fonts that had dotless
lowercase i but not dotted capital I, Polish l-stroke but not the other
Polish characters like c-acute and z-dot above, even Maltese h-bar, which
for some reason is one of the Latin glyphs in the freeware Microsoft Asian
fonts which come with language support for Win 9x and Win 2k and IE 5.0
[from the automated Windows Update page].  But many fonts are incomplete in
the Latin-1 range, lack the Euro symbol, or have sparse, non-standard
encoding in the upper half of 8-bit, such as the Minitel simulator font
Arial Alternative.).

DaW.

DaW.