> > to start before I've got all the really basic concepts covered in my
> > lexicon. Can someone post some URLs of such lists, please?

I have problems with such lists even though I have one too.  Nova for
instance has a lot of inflections that many lgs would make words.  There
is always a certain amount of arbitrariness both in mine and in every
other attempt that I have seen.  Still, FWIW, here is the URL for the
combined BASIC and Essential World English Vocabularies;
http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/everquest/624/combine.html

There is also my Nova morpheme list;
http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/everquest/624/novamrph.html
It has 643 morphemes for word building, 154 particles, and 126
inflections.  It also indicates the arbitrariness well.  I have a
lot of terms which no natlang would have (scents for instance and
Nowan animal species).

--
Brad Coon

Somedays when you wake up, its just not worth chewing through
the leather straps.