In a message dated 2000/06/14 09:39:07 PM:

    THEN Nik wrote:

>Not homophony at all, polysemy.  Besides, it's not really all that
>funny, IMO, no funnier than our usage of the same word for a flying
>mammal and for a piece of equipment used in Baseball.  Besides, at least
>grass and hair have a resemblance, the two kinds of bats look nothing
>alike!  :-)

    LOL. G'point. Talkin of bats (the flyin mammal kind), I like fruitbats!
In my personal & poetic use of metaphor, I say "gooey as a fruitbat" & "make
like a fruitbat" in the context of certain sexual practises, esp'ly oral  ;}
  *gigglabyte*
    My grrlfriend likes her "goofy lil fruitbat." hehe...

    zHANg