At 08:07 PM 6/19/00 -0400, Kent wrote, in part:
>The best way I can describe them is a cross between a beetle and
>an armadillo. They were about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide and 4 inches
>tall. They had what appeared to be a hard light brown cover that hid
>everything but some small antennae that protruded just beyond the "shell".

Welcome Kent!  Introductions are perfectly acceptable and feel free to tell
us as much about you as you are comfortable with.   Guidelines are posted
on the 1st and 15th of each month which will fill you in.

Now the fun part.  Critter identification.  After reading your note, I
retrieved my trusty copy of Paul Humann's "Reef Creatures."  If you don't
have a copy, I highly recommend it along with  the sister book, "Reef
Fish."  Anyway, I think you saw a pair of shovel-nosed (Spanish) or slipper
lobster.

I looked for a pic on the web and couldn't find one.  Maybe someone can
point us to a pic. If you have access to the book I looked at, let me know
what you think of my ID.

Others may have other ideas.

Welcome again and feel free to dive in any time.

/Don