At 16:58 23/06/00 -0500, you wrote:

>The ability to discern the motives for people's actions -- anyone's, whether
>your own or others' -- is one of the most important lifeskills one can
acquire,
>IMHO.  On a purely pragmatic level, it saves you a lot of pain, but it can
also
>be a fascinating intellectual exercise in itself.

But it can become annoying. My boyfriend used to be be a psychiatrist and
kept from it the custom to analyse everyone's moods and reactions, even
mine (and I don't like to be seen like a guinea pig, especially by my
boyfriend). It can be useful, that's true, but sometimes it's annoying
(especially when he doesn't want to recognize he's wrong :)) ).

                                                Christophe Grandsire
                                                |Sela Jemufan Atlinan C.G.

"Reality is just another point of view."

homepage : http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr
(ou : http://www.bde.espci.fr/homepages/Christophe.Grandsire/index.html)