Danny Wier wrote:

> USA!  USA!  USA!  USA!
>
> (or, as Kelly Bundy would say: [u:s@])

No, that's a small town in Japan.  When my father traveled to Japan in 1941
(one of the last Americans to do so, I daresay, before Pearl Harbor) he
was told that there was a factory there that turned out things (I forget
just what sort of things) stamped "Made in Usa".

Of course, this seems comically quaint today, when "Made in Japan" is usually a sign
of high quality rather than cheap knockoff.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>