I'm trying to encode a play in XML with TEI-Lite and I've found a problem
at the very beginning. At the beginning of the play it appears a <div>
which is a list with the characters in the work and the names of the actors
who play them. I suppose I should mark them up as a list, however I don't
know how to mark the difference between the character and the actor. I need
to establish this difference because in the original text it is shown as a
two-column table. Namely:

Original text:

    Personae
character   actor
character   actor
character   actor
character   actor
character   actor

I've marked it up as follows (I'm not sure if the <seg> element is properly
used):

       <head type="main">Personae</head>
       <list type="simple">
         <item>
           <seg type="character">Name of the character</seg>
           <seg type="actor">Name of the actor</seg>
         </item>
         <item>
           <seg type="character">Name of the character</seg>
           <seg type="actor">Name of the actor</seg>
         </item>
       </list>

Is it properly encoded? Is there any other tag which would fit in here more
accurately?

Thank you very much ;-)

   john