Inadvertently, this got sent privately to Jim Grossmann (apologies for
cluttering up your email, Jim):

The question is:

>> > What are other ways that con- and nat-langs make such distinctions?

Reflexives in Kash:  1st and 2nd person simply use the regular accusative
forms of the pronouns:   man matikas ri alaņu 'I see myself in the mirror',
han hatikas ri alaņu 'you see yourself in the mirror'.  (ACC  Subj+verb  in
mirror(acc., unmarked in neut.)).  Or, for a dative, me makotasa... 'I said
to myself...'

3rd person adds the particle -tu:  yandu yatikas ri alaņu 'he/she sees
him/herself...'; nindu ilolasa 'they protected themselves'.  This
construction would be odd with verbs like 'hurt', yandu yakundisa 'he hurt
himself' would refer to a deliberate act;
the accidental form would be more appropriate-- yacakundi 'he got hurt',
yacakrop cakundi 'he fell and hurt himself'.

At least one verb is inherently reflexive:  ungesha 'to commit suicide, kill
oneself', considered a voluntary and honorable action.

Reciprocals:  most commonly by reduplicating liya 'other' (no case marking):
Erek i Rana inunji liya-liya anju hendekani 'Erek and Rana met each other
while in college'.   Or:  iwelesa liya-liya etengi 'they gave each other a
book'.

There is a no-longer productive construction VERB maņ+VERB that implies
reciprocal action.  The only ones in common use are tikas-mandikas 'see e.o.
(on a regular basis)', kota-mangota ~ shindi-macindi 'talk to e.o.,
converse, chat'; sisa-matisa 'love e.o.'  And the maritime handa-makanda
'load and unload cargo'.