I agree with Chollie:  approximants are seemingly nothing more than a
hindrance when it comes to deciding whether or not to make them vowels,
semi-vowels or consonants.  Though they exist in Kartesian, I had thought
a couple of times to exclude them.  Future languages by me will most
likely not include R and L.

> Chollie wrote:
> >    Might I suggest that we eliminate approximants?  For instance, r could
> >be deleted, perhaps coloring neighboring vowels (like in Boston English)
> and
> >l could be velarized - with subsequent monophthongization of diphthongs?  I
> >think that would take us closer to CVCVCV.
>     I think the gods of Proto Polynesian would permit loss of r (indeed, it
> happened-- merged with l).  Why not velarized?  Poly-Latino with an east
> Eur. accent.

-- Josh :)