On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Padraic Brown wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Leo Caesius wrote:
>
> >    Afer, a hypothetical Romance language, is my first organized attempt at
> >language construction ("costrutijo de linuvas") - as a tribute to my
> >interest in the culture(s) of the Maghreb, I envisioned a language that
> >would have developed among the Latin speaking inhabitants of North Africa,
> >based upon colloquial varieties of Latin that did develop among that
> >population ("*GASP*" - I can hear my detractors already - "another Neo-Latin
> >conlang?!?!?").
>
> On the contrary! Some of us are waiting for you tell us more about
> it; and can't wait to hear what some of your sources are. I.e.,
> especially for African Latin.
>
> Seems I didn't have to wait long for the first anyway.

I like it a lot.  But then, I *love* Romance languages (or, as a friend of
a friend said tonight, "Love languages."  Took me a good five minutes of
silence before I figured out what he meant, and then I quite rudely
laughed at him).

I've also got a thing for that j.  Always have.

                Living your life is a task so difficult,
                it has never been attempted before.