On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I find that there is a way right now to use a broader range of
> non-ascii symbols for conlanging on the web. Presently the Greek
> alphabet and a nice set of math symbols are available. First, one has to
> download the free Amaya browser from the world wide web consortium
> from:
>
> http://www.w3.org
>
> This is an experimental browser under rapid development. It hasn't
> caused me any major problems on my win 95 32bit machine. All the info
> on its use is on the site and in the help menu. I think that
> mozilla may also be able to read math xml.

It is available for Linux, too, so I downloaded and installed the rpm. Very
interesting. I looked at your page, and it does a nice job with the Greek
letters. Then I pointed it at my page, and it does not display gifs well, nor
does it do Javascript. But, I like it as an html editor. I usually do all my
html by hand because html generators generate too much stuff. They are specific
where I never meant to be specific. This one works fairly well, though.

[snip]

--
Sylvia Sotomayor
http://home.netcom.com/~sylvia1/