Jev jdz (Jeff Sheets) kov ra:

> This project has intrigued me to the point of de-lurking.  How do you derive
>  the two/three syllable words from so many roots?  Is it a creative process,
>  or is it morphological?  In otherwords, in the project I'm working on, the
>  roots "ya- kah + eraj -sa" evolve into the single word "qiraca", vowels
> stand
>  for the equivalent IPA symbols (except for the roundedness in u and o,
which
>  are unrounded), j = voiced Postalveolar Fricative, e.g. z in azure; c =
>  unvoiced j, or sh in sheets, and q is the voiced velar fricative.  I'm
using
>  shoebox to put a process to the morphological changes I want.  Are you doa
>  similar thing to derive words, or are you inventing new words a priori,
>  defining them with previous words?
At this point, I am creating many new words a priori and defining them by
other roots.  eventually, compounding will occur, but I feel there are far
too few roots to begin compounding right now.

>Also, I'd suggest "dream" as either noun
>  or verb as your next goal.

This is an excellent idea, and the road to deriving "dream" will certainly
require the derivation of many other useful words.  I believe I'll be in a
situation to derive "dream" in about a day.

>  Well, I guess this is something of an "I'm back" as well.  I was active on
>  the list about a year ago, with a now dead language called Tit'xka.  I
since
>  lost interest in the language, mostly because speaking it is so dang
>  difficult.  I think, with the language I'm developing now, I will be using
>  right to left cursive script.  I might also make a left to right variant,
>  make a font easier to work with.  No name for the language yet, no real
> words
>  yet, but I'll generate some real quick to give a sample text.
>
>  Kanganet, den xisen
>  I think therefore I am
>
>  Root morphemes are as follows:
>  kah + gan -et, den kah + esen