     Perhaps a group of linguists ought to get together and write something
for Sci Am.--Or form a swimming team.
      But most sciences have public interest. Is there some intrinsic reason
why what linguists have to say would be of NO public interest. Heck, I am
interested!  I was reading Ladu-whatch-it's "Sounds of the World's Languages"
just the other day. Made me realize how dependent on our mouths language is.
     Aliens, with different mouths... wow. The roman  alphabet would really
be out of its depth!
      If an alien had, say, an octopus mouth, what would its language sound
like?
We have xenobiologists, I understand. Uh, are there any xenolinguisticians?
I mean up and beyond the norm  of you folks.
      Said in jest, as many a truth was.

B^D

Dan