Danny Wier wrote:

> FFlores mentioned a conlang translation of one's own national anthem.
> I just thought of a neat exercise.
>
> One of the greatest musical works of all time is the final movement of
> Beethoven's final symphony, which of course includes a choral.  The
> poem was written by a German (or Austrian?) named something like
> Schiller, Schüller -- I forgot.

Schiller.  He also wrote "Die Räuber", "Don Carlos", "Die Jungfrau von
Orleans", among others.

> And I was wondering if there was an Esperanto translation of the words
> to that composition.  And the natural languages of Europe as well.

Almost certainly.  Don't have one offhand, however. Here're the lyrics for
Beethoven's version in both the original German and English:

<http://park.org/Guests/Beethoven/ode.htm>

and here's Schiller's original ode, called just "An die Freude" ["To Joy";
"Ode" isn't part of the title]:

<http://stargate.hpi.de/~jedi/lyrik/gedichte/goethe-freude.html>

Tom Wier   |     "Cogito ergo sum, sed credo ergo ero."