On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Wilfred G Telang Jr wrote:

> I received this message from Mr. Petry today, he says he did not destroy the
> materials you told me about and was only making a test. Read for yourself
> the message below. [remainder omitted for space]

    Quite frankly, I suspect that many people who read Mr. Petry's
announcement about destroying Occidental materials took him literally
at his word for the simple reason that they could believe he would do
such a thing and had no reason to think that he was lying -- which, it
turns out, he was doing (i.e., lying).  Although I do not post, I do
subscribe to the Interlingue mailing lst on egroups, and I quickly got
the idea that he had not in fact destroyed all the materials as he had
said.

--
Paul                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA