At 01:41 PM 9/7/2000 -0400, Huntzinger, Hugh A [AMSTA-AR-CCL-B] wrote:
>Art writes
>>
>> > They also reportedly found a difference in performance simply from
>> > depth.
>>
>> Gee, they discovered nitrogen narcosis?
>
>That, and that Drammamine might also make you drowsy <g>.
>
>In any event, the test was performed at 66ft...3 ATM...which is pretty much
>the minimum that anyone ever talks about for effects of Narcosis.   Its
>interesting that they were supposedly able to detect some meaningful
>difference in performance.

It is easy for someone trying to do complex mental activity to detect
differences in performance at 35-40 feet.  Try fingerspelling.  Works fine
at 10-15 feet, at the safety stop, becomes significantly more difficult at
35-40 feet.

--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns.