On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Steg Belsky wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:17:45 -0400 Yoon Ha Lee <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> > <laugh>  I've got some 50 and I'm missing basic things like
> > thank-you and
> > hello and body parts.
> >
> > YHL
>
> Hey, don't worry about it.
> Rokbeigalmki was around for about 3 years, and included such words as
> _sudtarme_ "multitudinous" before i finally invented a word for "sibling"
>  :-)  (it's _ro.ijh_, btw)

:-)  Well, whenever I want to invent a word, I feel somewhat obliged to
invent all the other words in the morpheme-complex (verbs,
adjective-verb, three categories of noun).  It's *fun*, but also
exhausting, and something easier to take a little at a time.  Frex, the
following are all affixed from the same tri-consonantal root: "wind,"
"horse," "speed," "migration," and "to hasten/run."  (Sorry, I'm an
equinophile, and some of the root-language's speakers were
horse-nomads.)  But I have to sit down and think up things that,
culturally, would be connected concepts.

I think I have sibling somewhere, but darned if I remember what it is.
<guilty look>  I'm in the process of HTMLing *all* the morphemes on a
non-internet computer just so I can load up the page locally and run a
search whenever I need to find a word, instead of having to constantly
update my printouts and flip through pages of stuff.  OTOH all that
typing is great for memorizing the affix system and various mutations....

<G>

YHL