At 9/24/00 07:51 PM -0400, you wrote:

>I know very little about McMaster or U of Ottawa, but I haven't heard
>anything bad about them.

I have a prof who got his undergrad from U of Ottawa.  His PhD dissertation
was pivotal in the direction that syntactic theory took.  He didn't write
it at U of O, but it at least means it isn't a bad place.

>Also, McGill in Montreal is a good school in general, but I couldn't
>learn any about it today, as it's in Quebec, not Ontario.

McGill also has a good reputation for linguistics -- at least syntax.  I'm
not much into the phonology scene, so I don't know about that.

Marcus Smith
AIM:  Anaakoot
"When you lose a language, it's like
dropping a bomb on a museum."