In a message dated 2000:09:27 2:34:32 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Great line but of course I can't translate it... thought I had a good
>word for "invent" but even if I substitute with some form of "make" I'd
>still not have a good one for "extinction" or that form of abstract
>"fight"... pity, no tāruven on the shirt, oh well.

    aw, just translate it in "Taruven terms" then... that would make it
interestinger anyways... that not all ConLangs (& NatLangs) have a one-to-one
semantic correspondence to other languages (& cultures) should be represented
on the t-shirt IMHO.
 and it would be GREAT to have the closest possible Taruven paraphrase to
point this linguistic fact out...

    czHANg

<< One thing foreigners, computers, & poets
have in common is that they make
unexpected linguistic associations. >>
    * Jasia Reichardt
    - creative cyberneticist *