Yoon Ha Lee wrote:

> My early experience with language was mixed.  I had a perfectly good
> "exotic" language in the home but being pressured to learn it properly
> turned me off (I'm afraid I was a contrary little kid).

Nothing to be afraid of in being contrary ... although plenty for /other/
people to be afraid of ;-) And believe me, I know!

> Conlanging "for real" began last summer when I rediscovered the Language
> Construction Kit and all the wonderful websites out there, and finally
> learned of this list.  :-)

Similar to me. It was the Construction Kit that made me realise I might
be capable of inventing a grammar.

--
web.       | Here and there I like to preserve a few islands of sanity
netyp.com/ | within the vast sea of absurdity which is my mind.