On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 10:27:00AM +0930, Adrian Morgan wrote:
> Another thing I invented ... my own branches of mathematics. For quite
> a few years I played around with something I called 'operational
> algebra'.
[snip]

Awesome! I used to develop something I called the Theory of Function
Magnitudes. It's more-or-less function growth rate analysis, except that I
abstracted different growth rates into quantities called "magnitudes".
These magnitudes have rather interesting combinatorial properties that are
very useful for quickly determining whether a limit at x=infty diverges or
not in functions of known "magnitude" (this includes most algebraic
functions, which is nice). Besides this nice applicable property, these
magnitudes also exhibit a linear ordering (although I suspect that is
contrived), but with a fascinating infinite denseness which is denser than
the real line. (Won't bother elaborating here, as it's too complicated and
wayyy off-topic :-P)