On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Adam Walker wrote:

> >From: Yoon Ha Lee <[log in to unmask]>
> >Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:10:24 -0400
> >
> > > I barely know what they are either - I would've thought that people
> > > outside of N. America would know what they are at least, but evidently
> > > they don't even *exist* elsewhere.
> >
> >Sure don't exist in South Korea.  I wonder when the U.S. came up with them?
>
> No, I can guarantee you they DO exist in The Republic of Korea.  Many a
> Korean applicant's IPMO passed through my hands over the years.
>
> Adam

The things you learn...<fume>  You mean all this time I could've been
using the things to pay for sample copies of sf/f magazines from S. Korea
and no one *told* me?  </fume>

Not at all your fault...but sometimes finding out about things in Korea
is aggravatingly difficult!  At least, my folks didn't have a clue...but
they never had occasion to.  <sigh>

YHL