On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Yoon Ha Lee wrote:

> Am I the only person who *didn't* start conlanging in earnest (as opposed
> to the pathetic 6th grade semi-French-rune-English attempt that doesnt'
> count) before the age of 20?  <pulling a face>

Far from it.  I was always fascinated by languages and their details,
nat, art, IAL, you name it, but I never tried to make up my own until
really recently, and even then I didn't get past a phonology and an
idea ("combine the good points of Chinese and Finnish").

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore