On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:42:40 +0930 Adrian Morgan
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>   The word AIoNIOS [eternal] is difficult to translate. It is used
> in
>   the Old Testament ot describe Israel's possession of the holy land
>   (Genesis 17:8, 48:4); Aaron's priesthood (Numbers 25:13), great
>   mountains and hills (Habakkuk 3:6). In all the cases we have
> quoted
>   AIoNIOS means lasting for a very long time; it can even mean
> lasting
>   for as long as the present world lasts.
-

Genesis 17:8 ~ (ahhuzat) `olam
Genesis 48:4 ~ (ahhuzat) `olam
Numbers 25:13 ~ (brit) `olam
Habakkuk 3:6 ~ (giv`ot) `olam

The Hebrew word _`olam_ means "world" - each of the words preceding it is
in the construct state.  In this sense it means pretty much the same as
you said with reference to the Greek translation, "world-heritage",
"world-covenant", and "world-hills" meaning "(whatever) that lasts as
long as the world".  Another Hebrew word for "eternity", _netzahh_, seems
to be stronger, extending beyond the borders of time.

ObConlang:
Rokbeigalmki has two related words so far:

ILTAO (ILU "all" + TOUT "time") = "always"
ILUT (ILU "all" + T "time-related") = "(an) eternity"
derived from the last:
ILUT-TZAT (....+ TZAT "existance") = "(the idea of) eternity"

From the same derivational processes:

ILUP = "all space"
ILUK = "all situations"

-Stephen (Steg)