Back around 1983 (I was 12), I had no idea what a conlang was, except
from movies like Star Wars with random meaningless words made up. Not
much I remember except I had words ending in -itz [Its].

Now I'm thinking a Romance language (Old French had a lot of -tz words
and I'm  thinking that was the second person plural ending). Maybe a
Basque-Spanish or Basque-French creole as well. Or a Celtic language in
Spain, closer to Breton or Welsh. The ending could apply to infinitives
in a Slavonic conlang.

Since I don't like inventing languages unless I have a culture to apply
it to, I'm open for ideas. Or I might apply this to Calistan (my IE-based
language spoken somewhere in the Mediterranean).

And why do I like island concultures so much?

Daniel A. Wier
Lufkin, Texas
http://homestead.juno.com/dawier/
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!