YHL:

> > > In Ghana, people are usually known by the weekday they were born; a
> > > woman named Araba must have been born on a Tuesday for instance.

> > Eh?  So there are only 7 common names?

> Didn't the Romans number their women?  There couldn't have been that many
> names then either.

Somewhere in Africa (I think in Tanzania) there is a custom to call
twins "first" and "second". Sometimes they get called "good" and "bad"
since the one born last is seen as a kind of by-product. (Think of the
movie "Twins" with Schwartzenegger and De Vito. :) )

Sometimes the twins even get separated and the "bad" one is sent
away to grow up and live with some relatives or friends.

Daniel