Adam wrote:

>> Which brings me to an ob/conlang: how do you say I'm X years old in your
>> conlang, and does that mean that you have had X anniversaries of your
>> birthdate (as in English) or that you have lived in all or part of X
number
>> of years (as in Chinese).  Do you count from birth, conception or some
other
>> event?

Kash:  filan pehandi? how many your year?
Apparently we follow the Chinese system; the day you are born is your first
birthday, though the first year is usually described in months-- ana
lumamim, ine nim ashurak 'our daughter(nom.) , to-her(dat.) five month'.
The first anniversary of your birth is thus your second birthday, ine ro
pehan 'to him/her two year' or iya, pehañi ro 'he/she, his/her year two'.
This matches their way of telling time, whereby the day begins not at 0000
but at 0100.

Birthday: lekramon (< lero kamon 'day (of) birth'), lekramon minda (pron.
lekrámombínda) 'happy birthday!