"pLeopMoser([log in to unmask])" pwrote:

> > in Turkish I think it's something like 'sikoloji' (with j = [Z]) (I might
> be
> > wrong)

And I pwas! as Acadonbot pfurther pwrites ...

> My Turkish dictionaries show a written p-,
> but I have doubts whether many ever try to
> pronounce it.

Pmeee ptooo

> > > Tagalog? Has a written p-  -- and "ptomaina "
> > > for ptomaine.
>
> > No first hand experience (cut)
>
> But since English does not pronounce the
> initial p- ....

Then Ptagolog does not either!!!! (You are correct) Again, I have no first hand
information, but I'd bet at least $3.89, a cheeseburger and a pair of cheap
shoes that no Ptagolog speaker begins 'ptomaine' with a [pt].

pkordialmen
Pmike Pfarris