"LeoMoser([log in to unmask])" wrote:

(but first, a note from me)

In Polish, [ps] is easy, easy, easy, in fact the most frequent occuring initial
consonant cluster in Polish is 'prz' which is pronounced [pS] (mostly,
entirely?) before y or e.
przez [pSes] - through
przy [pSi] - at, next to, by

> -Yes, this "English angle" is more noted than
> I had expected.  Another one:
>       Irish is síceolaíocht.

in Turkish I think it's something like 'sikoloji' (with j = [Z]) (I might be
wrong)

> Tagalog? Has a written p-  -- and "ptomaina "
> for ptomaine.

No first hand experience eith tagolog, but usually English loanwords maintain
their spelling in Tagolog texts, what is done with pronunciation varies. Usually
speakers (what I've heard) try to pronounce the English word as much like
English as possible. Listening to formal Tagolog is disconcerting (among other
reasons) because there are constant split second pauses (immediately
discernible) as speakers prepare for or exit from rather long English borrowings
as in (amking up the tagolog part, but just to give you an idea

Aglang nang ito kana ..Federal Dam Project ..puklang bumigat ang ditu ..
Superior court judge ruled in favor ..

(this is leaving out the frequent Spanish loans which have been nativized a good
deal more than English words are)

-amike
mike farris