Am 10/26 00:47  Christophe Grandsire yscrifef:

> Even if I'm not sure, I think it's not very dangerous to say that it's the case.
> That makes me think that I could have -icus -> -igue /ig/. Still, I wonder how
> I'm gonna finally call "Roumant" (anyone knows how the South of France was
> called during the Middle Age?), and I'm still looking for a nice equivalent of
> the French suffix -ais, -ois (-s looks too Spanish, -s could be a possibility,
> -eis also but it would pronounced as French -ais...).

I think that -ais was the result of a naughty night out between Latin
-ensis (VL -e:si(s)) and Frankish -isc.  Of course, both were consenting
adults.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       [log in to unmask]

Death is something you never live to regret.