Irina Rempt sikayal:

> I have a manual typewriter five years older than I am (from
> nineteen-fiftymumble) and it used to have an 'ij' key, squeezing both
> the 'i' and the 'j' in the same space. I had it filed off and
> replaced with a dead key doing 'hacek' and 'c@ciul@', the latter
> being the little bow above the 'a' occurring in Romanian, which
> should be instead of the shwa symbols in the word for it.

In English this is usually called a breve, no?  I didn't know the Romanian
word for it--thanks!

>    Irina
>
> --
>            Varsinen an laynynay, saraz no arlet rastynay.
> [log in to unmask] (myself)     http://www.valdyas.org/irina/valdyas

Jesse S. Bangs [log in to unmask]
"It is of the new things that men tire--of fashions and proposals and
improvements and change.  It is the old things that startle and
intoxicate.  It is the old things that are young."
-G.K. Chesterton _The Napoleon of Notting Hill_