En réponse à Mikael Johansson <[log in to unmask]>:

> > Eh eh... With all this discussion about keyboard layouts, I think you
> forgot
> > about the famous French AZERTY layout :)) .
>
> Which is, just like the german (inter alia) QWERTZ just a variation of
> the
> QWERTY with a few relevant keys interchanged. (In german, Y occurs
> onlyin
> loanwords, whereas Z denotes /ts/ and is a very common letter)

He he... don't forget the addition of the accented letters, the presence right
to the p of the key allowing to add a circumflex or a trema on the next typed
vowel, as well as the 'm' key which completely changed of place. So indeed
AZERTY is a variation of QWERTY, but quite an important one! :)

> // Mikael Johansson
> who recalls the difficulties involved in the first week in Germany and
> Sweden respectively, when he has to get used to the _new_ keyboard
> layout...
> or coming to Hungary after way to little time in Germany before, and
> thus
> mixing up all three layouts :-)

At least when I came to Holland I only had to get used to the QWERTY layout...
It took me quite a while though... :)