Hi all,

Last time I updated my gear page and posted the URL to the list...

        http://www.scu.edu.au/staff_pages/shartley/projects/gear/

...Jan (I think) and possibly others asked about underwater pics with the
setup.  There are a number of changes I still need to make to the web site
(now have nearly 200 dives with the Halcyon wings and backplate and changed
a few things around, so some images are out of date) but here is a preview
of an mpeg I'm adding and one of the UW shots.

The following link should open a nice little MPEG that shows really well
how streamlined and neat the whole setup is underwater (many thanks to Tim
Hochgrebe at Planula divers retreat http://www.planula.com.au/index.html
for the MPEG and still)...

   http://wwwdev.scu.edu.au/staff_pages/shartley/projects/gear/simon.mpg

The reason for the eratic swimming pattern is the girdled parma (in the
first few frames) that decided to launch an attack as I came into shot.  If
those buggers were any larger you wouldn't be able to set foot in the
water, I've got the scars to prove it  :-)

The following link should open a JPEG (the shiny metal thing I'm holding is
an underwater tripod), hopefully Tim has a few shots from other angles
minus the tripod...

   http://wwwdev.scu.edu.au/staff_pages/shartley/projects/gear/MVC00003.jpg

Cheers,

Simon

Simon L Hartley
RSM Website Coordinator\First Year Course Coordinator
Associate Lecturer
School of Resource Science and Management
Southern Cross University
P.O. Box 157
Lismore NSW, Australia 2480
Ph: (02) 66203251 or (61 66) 203 251