On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:49:00 +0000, Keith Alasdair Mylchreest
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Note: This must be about my eight attempt to post to this list, if this
fails
>you can stuff it! Definitely not friendly to strangers.
couldn't join until Christophe pointed to listserv.brown.edu .

Who can edit the list's start page on eGroups? IMO we need a pointer there
at last.

>I seem to have problems posting to this list, so rather than type
>out a load of stuff here's a short test, the Wind on the Black Hills
>poem in Kernewek (a sort of reconlang?!)

I'm not sure Cornish people will like it... But there's a lot in common
between revivalism and conlanging, technically.

>and Saprutum - which is a
>conlang, but then no doubt somewhere in the multiverse ...
>
>An gwyns dres an vreow du,
>An tewez dres an trethow gell,
>Drehevyans an morlanow,
>Drehevyans an howl.
>
>Yeraw#am qalezgabli.sawdiyim,
>Ye#awlam qalezsappi.sapriyim,
>Xe?awma-yebawlim,
>Xe?awma-yexamsim.
>
>Interesting pun there, sapr- is both adj. "yellow" and noun "report,
>utterance", so sappu.saprum could be a yellow shore or a whispering
>shore, ah, the whispering shifting sand!
>
>Keith

Basilius