> From:    Eric Christopherson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: CONLANG Digest - 5 Nov 2000
>
> So far I've been thinking of a view different kinds of regular metathesis
> for Dhak, one of which I've told you (Muke) about already:
>
>  #CCwV > #CuCV, #CCjV > #CiCV, where CC is a combination deemed to be
> unpronounceable (or impronounceable, or maybe impronuntiable!) at the
> beginning of a breath group (I haven't worked out yet which groups will be
> permissible).
>
>  Examples: ksabu > ksObu > ksO:b > kswOb > kusOb
>            btari > btEri > btE:r > btjEr > bitEr
>
> I think it's pretty cool, but would anyone care to comment on
> how realistic it is?

Well, I don't think I mentioned to you Atlantic has a similar sound change,
where LG > SL (liquid+glide -> short-vowel+liquid) like this:

       OAtl. *pryu > pr'u [ > pr'u: > *pir'ou MAtl.]
             *krwa > kra [ > kra: > *krea MAtl. > *rea]

[The /j/ glide palatalizes the /r/ to <r'> (should be r-acute).]

     *Muke!
--
http://muke.twu.net/