Two brains?  Not so.  I've had two conversations before. One with a hearing
friend in English and the other with a deaf friend in ASL simultaneously.
There would be brief moments when I would be responding to both persons
simultaneously on different topics.  And larger stretches where I would be
"listening" to both of them at the same time.

Rather different, but still somewhat similar, I regularly sing in ASL and
one of English, Spanish, Indonesian or Chinese simultaneously.  The grammars
don't match up so I could be producing two very different parts of the song
at the same time and I regularly contextualize idioms so I'd be refering to
hands and ears in ASL rather than tongues and ears in spokens.

Adam who is working on just such  a senario in a piece of fiction.