Am 11/11 12:21  Dan Jones yscrifef:

> The Albigensian crusade was abortive, it never took place because the
> heretics were intimidated enough to repent. However, Pope Pius (I thuink)
> had promised the French nobility a war, so he launced the Manican Crusade
> (against the Ynysaw a'n Vaenc'h) instead. Eventually, much later, Provence
> came under French rule, but national sentiment was strong enough by then so
> after Napoleon it declared itself independent. It needs to be joined with
> France pre-Napoleon, otherwise M. Bonaparte wouldn't have arrived in French
> Marseilles, but in a completely different country. I think this could work,
> actually. Any disagreements, the brammygow?

If the Manican Crusade was more serious than the Albigensian, then it is
possible that a underground Cathar remnent might assert itself to form a
minority church during the Reformation or at Independence from France.

- andrew.
--
Andrew Smith, Intheologus                       [log in to unmask]

Death is something you never live to regret.