On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 01:08:12 +0000, Keith Alasdair Mylchreest
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It was "Dances with Wolves" in English too. Funny thing though, in the
>book the native Americans were Comanches, but in the film they all
>spoke Lakota (plains Sioux) - wakan tanka!.

There's an interesting reason for the change -- they needed a large herd of
buffalo, and the largest one available was in South Dakota.

I wonder if the name "Dances with Wolves" would be more manageable in
Comanche? It was certainly a mouthful in Lakota. (In Tirehlat, it would be
"Vesti ke Ghul".)