Barri Garcia wabbe:

> [log in to unmask] writes:
> >Will these endings remain productive in Montreiano.  For
> >example *Garciataruc, the place where the Garcias made
> >their home.
>
> I didnt think of this, but I think it may be a nice feature. I'm
> thinking perhaps it would only show up in the common
> speech, not in the formal standard language (they need
> to be somewhat conservative linguistically).
> Taking off on that idea:
>
> Montrei - formal
> Montreitaruc - informal

Are there any precedence of those kind of suffixes becoming
productive.  I can recall several places in and near Bogotá with
Chibcha names, some of them showing a pattern, but none of them are
productive... unless there would be a sort of joke (the Montreian
founder wanted the name to look native, for example)

-- Carlos Th