Thanks Chuck, yes buying the book for my non-diving friends who want to
know the lure of SCUBA.

The 3 divers I spoke to, one was a NAUI and other a PADI instructor, claim
the effects of narcosis are noticeable but not incapacitating with
experience in deep dives [ defined as past 100 ft.], and I knew this claim
is supported by the medical literature.  It however, comes with increased risk.

At 12:00 AM 12/12/2000 -0500, Automatic digest processor wrote:

>Date:    Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:47:04 -0600
>From:    Chuck Hopf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Your deepest Dive on Air?
>
>My personal deepest was around 180FFW but I dont know that there is a floor
>per se.  There are points at which you get stupid and there will be a point
>where O2 becomes a problem but many people have done many dives below 180FFW
>on air.  Find a book called 'The Last Dive'.

Warm regards,

Marv