>Statia has some spectacular coral formations onto lava flows that disappear
>into an abyss ~260 fsw, and rise to peaks at 70 fsw [ called the 'Grand
>Canyons.']  It looked like your regular reef, except everything was BIG!!

My personal limit on air is about 100 FT.  I have gone as far as 140
on nitrox, but this is not something I am very proud of.  Going deep
is really no big deal, and it doesn't take a lot of courage or
anything else.  It's like getting into a car when you're drunk.  Most
people do it once or twice, then they realize how incredibly stupid
it is and stop.  The difference with diving is that a lot of people
don't realize just how impaired they really are, and think they are
fine because when they're back at the surface, they don't feel weird.
One clue is to look at how much of the dive you remember.

Cheers.
--
Paul B.