On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On the other hand, I almost yearn towards the moment I can print and
> photocopy some item. Only then I feel that it's really real

This is a very common and natural feeling.  After all, print and paper
represent a commitment to stability.  The credibility of Lojban went
way up when we were able to show our hardback grammar book, in 1500
copies no less.

BTW, anybody still want a copy, autographed by the author?  Only US$38.

> The same happens to me. With some very small exceptions, everything
> that has ever been published is still canonical.

The Loglan/Lojban community has not been so fortunate: the Loglan of 1960
has only the basic content words in common with today's Loglan, and not
even that with today's Lojban.

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore