Tero Vilkesalo wrote:
> >Nope, it's Uralic, of the Finno-Ugric branch.
> >

> I've seen the term 'Fenno-Ugric' being used. Which one is right? If the
> Fenno-Ugric language group was divided in two, Finnish would maybe be in the
> 'Fenno' part. I wonder what languages would be Ugric...

Well, the classification I have in _The World's Major Languages_ says
that Finno-Ugric is divided into Fennic and Ugric (which includes
Hungarian).  Don't know the reason for different vowels.  Then Fennic is
divided into Baltic-Finnic, Volgaic, and Permic.

--
ICQ: 18656696
AIM Screen-Name: NikTaylor42