En réponse à Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>:

> "H. S. Teoh" wrote:
> > > Nope, it's Uralic, of the Finno-Ugric branch.
> >
> > Fascinating! Which other languages are of this branch?
>
> The only other major languages in the Uralic family are Hungarian and
> Estonian, also of the Finno-Ugric branch.  There's quite a few other
> languages in the family.  The family is mostly in northwestern Russia,
> around the *Ural* mountains.

Wasn't Turkish thought to be Uralic too or am I completely off? Well, I guess
that the fact that both the Finno-Ugric langs and Turkish have agglutinative
morphology and vowel harmony is not enough to put them in the same family, but
I thought it was an accepted theory.

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr