-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2001 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: Moi, le Kou (was: verbs = nouns?)

>My notes reveal that when I write, i'm going for speed. Usually i'll do a
>mix of cursive and print, broken cursive, and abbreviations of my own
>(like w/o for without b/c because). I've found notes that were a few years
>old that were illegible even to me. Print is actually faster but, i'll get
>lazy and use cursive, and even then the cursive lines get drawn out and
>look like squiggles.

<G>  I use w/o for without, b/c for because, hc for habeas corpus (this was
during U.S. gov't), thm for theorem (and a lot of seemingly std math
abbrev), and determinatives  la Egyptian (e.g. when "pop" could either mean
"popular" as in "popular vote," or "population").  I should probably take
the demonstratives a step further, brew up another conlang, and give it a
logograph script.

The most illegible writing I ever did was in 5th grade.  I just threw
everything out from that year because I couldn't figure out what the heck I
was saying.

And I had a friend once whose handwriting was so illegible (except to
himself) that a teacher suggested he bring in a typewriter.

YHL