Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.5 - CONLANG Archives

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Christophe Grandsire wrote:

> En réponse à Yoon Ha Lee <[log in to unmask]>:

> > Yvonne, hmm, Lys?  I'm not as familiar with French surnames as I would
> > like.
> > Christophe, pouvez-vous suggérer un (?) nom?  :-p
> >                                  ^^^^^^
>                                    correct! :)
>
> If you want a surname looking like yours, I'd suggest Jeanne /'Zan/. The most
> well known of them is no less than Jeanne d'Arc, so the image carried by such a
> name is quite good (at least in France).

Wasn't she called "du Lys" as well? Can't find the reference, of
course, except for a scrap of paper with a badly drawn coat of arms
labelled "d'Arc du Lys". The king-presumptive may have given it to
her.

   Irina

[log in to unmask] (myself)     http://www.valdyas.org/irina/valdyas