|Quoting Dave Pawson <[log in to unmask]>:
|
|> > From: Lou Burnard
|> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010226/tc/why_90_percent_of_
|> xml_standards_will_fail_1.html
|>
|> No Lou, far too long in the tooth, far too little glitz
|> to be caught up in that bash :-)

I'd be interested to hear what other people think "officially XMLized"
means. As has been remarked here several times before, TEI is
primarily an abstract model, instantiated as an SGML dtd (since XML
did not exist at that time), and moreover one which can be
re-expressed in XML , more or less automatically. We know it can be
done automatically, because that's what the pizzachef does.

It would indeed be highly desirable to do that re-expression in XML
throughout, and have a new edition of the Guidelines. But then it
would be highly desirable to have a new edition of the Guidelines, in
whatever format it came.

Lou

p.s. yes, I know, the dictionary chapoter is not automatically
XMLiable.

 Lou Burnard                           http://users.ox.ac.uk/~lou