Jörg Rhiemeier wrote:
>I notice that (similar to the way it is in Indo-European), neuters, i.e.
>inanimate nouns, have morphologically identical nominatives and
>accusatives.  Is this a trace of a former active system (as some
>linguists assume for Proto-Indo-European)?

(snip very useful and informative text, which I'll save for future
reference. Thanks)
Alas, Kash has developed without benefit of a clear proto-language (shame on
me, since that's what I really enjoy doing).  At the moment I'm just
starting that work, and it's tricky going backwards.....  I was familiar
with the Lehmann's theory, and may well have had it in the back of my mind.